Smoking causes various health hazards. To avoid any complications related to health, you need to quit smoking.
Maintaining good hygiene and being a role model for your children is another important reason for quitting. Hospitals and physicians conduct many programs to help people give up this life-threatening habit. Counseling can also be done to help you to quit and stay smoke-free.
Numerous Reasons To Quit Smoking
There are lots of reasons to quit. Ultimately, you have to find the reasons that are right for you. Make a list of all those reasons and read it each day. Here are few to get you started:
1. You can have a long and healthy life once you give up smoking. You can exercise regularly and build stamina. This will also help you to regain the energy for all the things you have always wanted to do.
2. Your physical appearance improves drastically. The skin regains life; nails, fingers and teeth no longer look yellow.
3. No more bad breath. You’ll not only feel better, you’ll also smell better once you quit smoking.
4. Research shows that children with parents who smoke are more likely to start smoking at an early age. These children also face the risk of respiratory and ear infections from second-hand smoke. Try to quit smoking and be a role model for your children.
5. The main cause behind the occurrence of fetal defects is smoking. Pregnant women who smoke make can have children who face a greater risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Never smoke while pregnant. Don’t smoke near a pregnant woman.
6. You can also save your spouse from major medical problems like emphysema, heart disease and lung cancer. You will also not hear complaints of tasting like smoke while kissing.
7. Weight gain after quitting is avoided handled through physical exercise. The added benefits that a diet and exercise program offer is also a good excuse to give up smoking.
8. Quitting also has eco-friendly advantages. Your plants will not turn yellow and you can breathe in fresh air. You will have an extended life expectancy as a non-smoker.
9. Health problems like a persistent cough, lung cancer and impotence will be dramatically reduced. It will no longer ruin your health and you will no longer feel like a leper in public.
10. You will never again spend time looking for the smoking zone, wanting to smoke in an airplane or standing outside in the rain or snow next to the ashtray while people make sarcastic remarks.
11. You can finally get rid of that stale smoke smell on your clothes, hair, car and house. You will not have holes in your clothes or linens anymore, either.
12. You will get back complete control of your life along with a new zest to live your life your way.
Come up with your own reasons. Make your own list. Make this wise decision and quit smoking as soon as you can.