In most cases, people who smoke are told that it takes the right amount of determination and will power to kick the habit. It goes without saying that it is enough to stand firm on the decision to quit and stop smoking completely.
While the combination of these two strong human qualities may work alright, there are also smoking cessation aids that can be used in highlighting the evils of nicotine addiction. These aids can include substitute nicotine solutions, herbal treatments, psychological or emotional therapies, and quit smoking videos.
While determination and will power alone may work, embracing other approaches and tools must not be discounted to ensure higher chances of success. Most smokers are probably more inclined to get help from quit smoking videos for many reasons including the ease of using them even within the comforts of home. Other methods require professional help from psychologists or psychiatrists, but watching any video to put an end to the smoking habit can be done alone as long as they apply the same determination and will power to abide by the instructions given.
Learning it all from Quit Smoking Videos
- Some videos implement the hypnosis technology to help a smoker get through the craving stage and eliminate the compulsion to light a cigarette without suffering from the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Designers of these video programs capitalize on the mechanics of how TV watching can become hypnotizing to humans. They make the images so compelling to get through the subconscious mind of the smoker who wants to put a stop to his smoking vice.
- The creativity of anti-smoking campaign exploits the popularity of robot characters to send humans the message that smoking is not cool. Robots are made to look smarter because they do not smoke. If the smoker is one great fan of the Transformers or Star Wars, then these videos are for him. Why not? It takes steel creatures to tell humans about the truth of how dangerous cigarettes are to their health.
- Only the experts can paint the real picture of how bad cigarettes are. There is nothing like to be told by those who know their business and had extensive experiences in treating patients who fall victim to the clutches of smoking-related illnesses. Quit smoking videos prepared by doctors are peppered with straightforward, no-nonsense health advice to smokers. The videos are filled with graphic illustration of how ugly the human body becomes as more nicotine is ingested. It is never too late to listen to their motivation and see how it works on you.
- Short documentary videos target kids aged from 11 to 15 who already smoke. These creative and kid-friendly biopics are ideal for classroom presentation to expose the dirty truth about cigarette smoking. Sometimes it takes a kid to say the truth irrespective of who the audience is.
- Anti-smoking videos dwells on the poignant truth about how smoking can steal away our loved ones from us. Although the public ads can be short, the message is nailed down to the right soft spot to allow smokers in realizing their selfishness and uncaring thoughts to expose themselves and their loved ones, though passively, to the dangers of cigarette smoking.
- Short tragic flicks about people in their prime who suffered a painful demise due to cancer caused by smoking and left a young family behind gives one simple, but emotional message to viewers: quit smoking. Watching how smoking gradually destroys people in their youth sends the undeniable truth that the habit can deprive them of life’s opportunities because smoking does not recognize age when it decides to cut short a smoker’s life.
Regardless of how many million times smokers may have heard of the stories featured in these quit smoking videos, it takes just one personal reason to never light up another cigarette again. Nowadays, the anti-smoking campaign is exploiting the media to confront the evils of smoking knowing that smokers can sometimes be deaf, but they cannot simply close their eyes to deny the fact that smoking is indeed one of mankind’s worst inventions.