How To Stop Smoking Without Gaining Extra Weight
About 55% of smokers gain approximately 3 kilograms after they stop smoking.
This increase in weight is caused by two reasons:
- Nicotine increases the rate of digestion of any food. Therefore, to stop providing your body with Nicotine makes food burning slower than it was, and this provides a good opportunity for the body to store some of the foods in the form of fats.
- Smoking affects the minute parts of the tongue which are responsible for tasting, and thus stopping smoking improves the tasting sense which lead to eat more quantities of food.
Here are a couple tips to help you stop smoking without gaining any extra weight.
The decision of stopping smoking has to be accompanied with another decision, which is practicing sports to help alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal from one hand and to resist the increase in weight, on the other hand, in addition to increasing the volume of muscles in the body, as it is known that the muscles are burning fat.
There are also some drinks that help to reduce the tension results from smoking cessation like Orange Juice.
Medical studies indicate that about 10% of smokers fear to stop smoking because they are afraid of the weight gained by stopping smoking. Don’t let this reason be your excuse not to stop smoking.
Go ahead and get started today to stop smoking:
- Stop smoking at once as it is proved that stopping smoking gradually is usually futile.
- Choose a particular time to begin stopping smoking.
- Avoid those foods and beverages that increase the tendency to smoking such as coffee, tea, chocolate and red meat.
- Get rid of any packs of cigarettes, lighters, or any other thing related to smoking in your house.